Friday, September 9, 2011

Oh, Those Texas Nights

Never ever ever take the things you have in life for granted.

I look back a couple months ago and see myself wishing to all hell that I was done and over with college and on to the real world. I was convinced there was nothing left for me here in College Station. My life had decided it was ready to move on and I was stuck here until graduation.

Sidebar: I know this is totes (that's right, I used it) an emo-ish post, but bare with me. I'm in a very pensive mood and am listening to Death Cab for Cutie. I promise not all my posts will be such way.

Now, I look back at those times, especially after the amazing couple of weeks I've been having lately, and I can't believe I ever wished to be out of here. It's nights like tonight, the ones that I talked about in my last post, that you remember forever. The times were your buddies clear out all the furniture in their living room and have an epic dance floor just waiting to be two-stepped, waltzed and dougied on. The 2am Whataburger trips. These are the things we take with us.

A friend once told me to live life without regrets, only lessons and memories. I take that to heart when looking back on these past 4 years of my life. Specifically thinking about the last two years, I feel like there were moments where I wasn't completely grasping at what life was offering me. I'm not saying there weren't some good times, but I know I could have made more of an effort to have much more great times. Living just for the sake of living is dull, and at times I was doing just that.

Do I regret this? No. Not in the slightest. Because it is from these memories and experiences that I am able to really appreciate the wonderful life God is letting me live today. Its so amazing to trace back the course your life has taken, ultimately leading you here, reading this blog. (Poor you...) Every fault, failure, heartbreak, friendship, conversation, prayer has led you here. So I hope you can join me in earnestly thanking God for the life that he has given you. No matter your current situation.

I will always cherish and remember these late Texas nights here in College Station. I'm not saying I'm doing it perfect, but carrying these memories in my heart now helps me live a little bit more for God, for my family and friends, heck, even for school.

Good night, live long and prosper, hasta la vista, au revior, and all those other good ways of saying adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment