Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bad news... I have acute viral rhinopharyngitis...

...also know as: nasopharyngitis, acute coryza, OR (and this one is my favorite)...


the common cold.


Sidebar: Mother, yes, you. I know you're reading this. I don't need to go to the doctor. I'll be fine. Though I know you're still going to text me today asking if I'm ok. Like you always do. Love you.

Fear not for me, I am on a steady dose of cinnamon tea, Vitamin C, Vicks VapoRub, and Wonton soup. Yum. I'll hopefully be able to kick this bug by tomorrow.

Which reminds me: Just why are colds called colds? Who better to ask than Yahoo Answers?

"The discovery of viruses is actually fairly new. Colds have been around much longer than the knowledge that viruses exist. Colds seemed to come around more often during cold seasons, and it used to be believed (and still is by some) that exposure to the cold can cause a cold. Know we know that people concentrating indoors is a much more likely method of spreading colds around. Thus colds are probably called "colds" because they are associated with cold weather."

Voila. Fascinating, right? I thought so.

That's about it for now. Be sure to check up next Tuesday for a new addition to the blog!

Peace, love, good heath, and all that other good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment